Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Snappy Life

I’m supposed to write something snappy about my life, yet my life isn’t very snappy. I’ve been very busy where I hardly have any time to hang out with friends anymore.

I feel like I have four jobs and I’m only getting paid for one of them, minimum wage. I work every day except Fridays in Argo Hall and I’ll be taking my first weekend off this semester as I compete at the Southeastern Journalism Conference at Troy University this weekend.

I'll always be a photographer, no matter win or lose.
I’ve been waiting all year for SEJC and can’t wait to win. After we dominated last year, there’s no chance of any school beating us this year, we must get better. 

I’ll be competing in the photography competition again, which is probably the hardest competition because more people compete in photography. But just because you own a camera doesn’t make you a photographer.

The next important date for me to remember will be March 3. That will be the day I find out if I got the resident assistant position for the Fall 2011/Spring 2012 school year. I had my interview on Saturday and I think it went ok. I’ve wanted this position since I was a sophomore but I never applied because the application was so long, I finally did it this year.

If I get the position it’ll really help me with my money situation, I’ll be living and eating on campus for free, saving me from having to get any more loans. 

But you see, my life isn’t very snappy. I’m just a normal college student trying to better myself every day. Being in Student Government Association, Gay-Straight Alliance, Everyone’s Issue, Argo Hall Community Council, and writing for The Voyager is my whole life this semester. 

After this semester I’ll have only 19 more credit hours needed, meaning I get to graduate on time. Also meaning I’ll be out in the real world really soon and I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment